Ok I am wrapping this month up now as payday is today and I will include that into next month (rather then just having it for a few days of this month so to speak).
So for my 4 pays in July this is how we went (doesn’t include fixed payments).
- $360.04 fuel ($90 average a week for both hubby & I)
- $846.23 food (OUCH – average $211.56 a week for 2 adults, 2 kids and 2 big dogs. Hopefully that will drop next month)
- $58.80 Chemist / Medicine
- $16.50 Chook food
- $19.50 take away (one nights weakness!)
- $64.14 Bunnings for things to fix the camper
- $2.50 ATM fee
- $16 DVD hire (oops)
- $1.29 iphone game
- $47 powered camp site, $77.20 take away while away, $36 alcohol – Camper weekend
- $94.50 (my scheduled veto day – outing with friends for a special occasion. Spent around $40 there then lost my mind & spent the rest on dinner & sweets for the family 😳)
SO my goals for August are:
- Lower that grocery bill! Cook more from scratch, have more snacks on hand so I don’t buy so many, etc
- Write down a day by day account of where our money is going rather then week by week (keeps it at the front of my mind)
- Budget health / medicine into our budget.
Few blowouts there but still pretty good for our first attempt at lowering our spending I think 🙂
Bring on August…